FIT Infrared Bodywrap
FIT Bodywrap produces far infrared heat, which is light we can’t see, but can feel as heat. All warm blooded animals, including humans, generate this type of heat naturally to warm themselves, and more than half of the sun’s heat is infrared as well. Infrared heat warms us without warming the air around us and penetrates our bodies, rather than only heating the skin. The FIT Bodywrap generates infrared heat in the 5-15 micron wavelength, the same wavelength as the sun and our bodies produce, so it is safe and natural. Infrared as used in the FIT Bodywrap is known to help with a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
One of the most popular benefits of infrared heat therapy is weight loss. Extensive clinical research has documented a wide range of benefits supporting weight loss using immersive far infrared therapy as delivered by the FIT Bodywrap System.
- Sweating consumes calories and a FIT Bodywrap session can induce 3-5 times more sweat than exercise alone.
- Infrared can rebalance metabolism directly speeding up the rate calories are burned even after a session.
- As organic acids are purged your fasting insulin levels may drop toward normal, this can assist with stopping your body from being pushed to store carbs as fat.
According to FIT Bodywrap’s Clinical Director, Dr. Flickstein, “Cellulite is simply fat beneath the skin that tends to have a bumpy appearance because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.” Infrared as delivered in the FIT Bodywrap helps fight cellulite in the following ways:
- Fat becomes water-soluble at a body temperature of approximately 100.5 degrees F and can “melt” by breaking up into smaller particles, which can then be purged from the body through infrared induced sweating. (Yamazaki)
- Through Dr. Flickstein’s studies on infrared, he has discovered infrared can help the appearance of cellulite do its ability to help rebuild collagen connective tissue. Stronger collagen can help rearrange the fat deposits away from each other and the skin’s surface, and help prevent further accumulation of cellulite.
Many people have used a heating pad to soothe body pain and heat has been well documented in the management of pain relief. The FIT Bodywrap’s penetrating infrared heat can result in immediate therapeutic benefit through increased blood flow and tissue oxygenation.
- Clinical research has established that an infrared treatment such as a FIT Bodywrap session can increase blood flow from 5-7 quarts/minute to as much as 13 quarts/minute. Therefore during a session there can be a substantial amount of nutrient and oxygen rich blood flowing which can help heal the body and relieve pain.
- Infrared is also known to act directly on irritated nerve endings. A 2008 study found that chronic pain patients experienced nearly a 70% reduction in pain levels after the first infrared therapy session.
Countless clients have reported that FIT Bodywrap sessions lead to a sense of profound relaxation.
- The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75 to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related problems. Therefore taking the time to relax in the soothing infrared rays can help promote overall health and wellness.
- Scientific evidence also shows that immersive infrared thermotherapy as from the FIT Bodywrap helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol which is known to raise the heart rate and blood pressure.
Studies suggest that far infrared stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue.
- Infrared heat used in the FIT Bodywrap can be helpful with a variety of aging factors such as wrinkling, uneven skin pigmentation, and the loss of skin elasticity.
- Expelling the usually hard-to-remove heavy metals and organic acids from stress overloads in sweat can help rebalance both digestion and metabolism that can adversely impact skin beauty (Yamazaki).
The Science Behind FIT Bodywrap
Infrared has been widely studied and used for centuries. Thermal therapy can even be traced back to ancient civilizations such as the Finns, Romans, Indians and most well know infrared practitioners, the Chinese. In China, some use the ancient technique of palm healing, using the therapeutic properties of infrared. In India, yogi’s have been known to use infrared palm healing, especially for eye strains. In Asia, over 700,000 infrared thermal systems have been sold and an additional 30 million people have received localized infrared treatment in Asia, Europe and Austria.
In the last few decades extensive clinical research has documented a wide range of observations of the potential wellness benefits of infrared therapy as delivered by the FIT Bodywrap system. A lot of that research which was done by FIT Bodywrap’s own Clinical Director, Dr. Aaron Flickstein.
Dr. Flickstein stands as one of the most frequently quoted sources on infrared therapy. He is the author of “Infrared Thermal System for Whole Body Regenerative Radian Therapy” which stands as one of the most regularly referenced document on the therapeutic uses of FIR. Dr. Flickstein’s pioneering approach to wellness has earned him praise from Deepak Chopra, one of the most well-known figures in the holistic-health movement.
With the assistance of Dr. Flickstein, FIT Bodywrap has been able to “bottle up” the science of infrared technology and deliver it to you in the most effective way possible..
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does it work?
Yes! See testimonials from many FIT Bodywrap users here.
Q. Which Tan It All locations offer the FIT Bodywrap?
Our North Austin (Avery Ranch) location as well as the Round Rock locations currently offer this server. Click here to reserve an appointment as spots fill up fast!
Q. How does it work?
During a FIT bodywrap session, far infrared heat is generated very close to the body and can penetrate 1-2 inches, heating areas where fats and toxins have been stored without making the surface of your skin uncomfortable. Since many fats and toxins are soluble at temperatures of just over 100 degrees, these fats and toxins including cholesterol, heavy metals, and acids, can be dissolved and excreted through our sweat or kidneys.
Q. How does it help with weight loss and detoxification?
Most people will produce a substantial amount of sweat during a FIT Bodywrap session which can cause a short term weight loss, but most of this weight is immediately regained by re-hydration. However, the fats and toxins which make up 15% of your sweat content are not replaced. Extensive sweating has been shown to speed up metabolism, resulting in a higher calorie burn. Repeated sessions can result in detox and weight loss through the removal or fats and toxins, and calorie burn.
Q. How does it help with pain relief?
The FIT Bodywrap’s infrared heat results in immediate relief through increased blood flow and tissue oxygenation, and could act directly on irritated nerve endings. According to a 2008 study, chronic pain patients experienced a 70% reduction in their pain levels after their first FIT Bodywrap session!
Q. How long do I need for my FIT Bodywrap appointment?
80 minutes. 60 minutes for the wrap, and 10 minutes to robe and disrobe. We usually schedule 90 minute appointments.
Q. How should I prepare for my FIT Bodywrap appointment?
Stay hydrated before, during and after your appointment. While we provide a bottle of water, you are welcome to bring your own, should you run out in the middle of your session. Wear slightly loose fitting clothes that you can change in to after the session.
Q. What can I expect at my appointment?
Once checked in, your consultant will walk you through working the FIT bodywrap system. Your session will include a special bodywrap suit, and we also provide a towel, a bottle of water, and a music player with an AUX cable so you can easily hook up your iPod or mp3 player. Our rooms are equipped with a fan and a light dimmer to make your experience more comfortable and relaxing.
Q. What is the FIT Booster for?
The FIT Booster Spray is essential in enhancing your calorie burn, and encourages microcirculation, stimulates skin detoxification and reduces cellulite.